Worlds collide...

Slipknot‘s Corey Taylor has teamed up with rapper Kid Bookie to record some “very special music” which is set to emerge “soon”.

Last week, the south-east London artist – whose real name is Tyronne Buddy-Lee – hailed the masked metal band’s 1999 track ‘Wait and Bleed’ as “iconic” in a post on Twitter.

After getting replies from fans of the band, the rapper tweeted Taylor directly to say he’d be up for collaborating. “I gotta work with you before both of us leave this earth,” he said. The frontman replied: “Let’s talk my friend.”

Now, Buddy-Lee has confirmed in an exciting update that the pair are at work on a joint project. “People of earth and beyond, me and @coreyTaylorRock have some very VERY special music coming for you soon,” he posted. “That is all, have a good day.”

Meanwhile,Slipknot are set to release a new album this year after breaking their silence with its lead single ‘All Out Life‘ in October. In support of the upcoming record, the band will top the bill at this year’s Download Festival – with more European dates scheduled across June and July.

See the full list of shows below.

7-8 June 2019: Hyvinkää, Finland – Rockfest
7-9 June 2019: Nuremberg, Germany – Rock Im Park
7-9 June 2019: Mendig, Germany – Rock Am Ring
13-15 June 2019: Nickelsdorf, Austria – Novarock
13-16 June 2019: Interlaken, Switzerland – Greenfield
14-16 June 2019: Derby, UK – Download
17 June 2019: Leipzig, Germany – Arena
18 June 2019: Hannover, Germany – TUI Arena
19-22 June 2019: Copenhagen, Denmark – Copenhell
21-23 June 2019: Dessel, Belgium – Graspop
25-26 June 2019: Krakow, Poland – Mystic Festival
27 June 2019: Bologna, Italy – Sonic Park
28-30 June 2019: Madrid, Spain – Download
1 July 2019: Nîmes, France – Amphitheatre Nîmes
3-6 July 2019: Lisbon, Portgual – VOA
4-5 July 2019: Viveiro, Spain – Resurrection Fest

As we edge closer to their return, Corey Taylor recently shared behind-the-scenes photos of himself being fitted for his new mask. “Since I can’t show you the mask yet… here’s what we go through to have them made,” he captioned the series of snaps.