Wrap your ears around it now

Clean Bandit have released a new song in collaboration with Charli XCX and Bhad Bhabie, titled ‘Playboy Style’.

The song is taken from the band’s deluxe version of their forthcoming second album, ‘What Is Love?’, which drops this Friday, November 30.

It documents the highs and lows of falling in love with a bad boy. Charli’s opening verse on the song hears her sing: “Had a lover undercover/ Kept it on the low/ Said that you meant nothing but my feelings really grew/ Not that I regret you but I met you, went insane.”

Joining Charli on the track is teenage rap sensation Bhad Bhabie, who spits bars on the second verse.

Clean Bandit’s follow-up to their 2012 debut, ‘New Eyes’, features a number of songs that have already been released including ‘Solo’ with Demi Lovato, ‘Symphony’ with Zara Larsson, and ‘Baby’ with Marina (formerly Marina and the Diamonds) and Luis Fonsi.

The British trio revealed that they scrapped a collaboration with Elton John that was set to appear on the record due to it sounding too much like their older material.

Bandmember Jack Patterson explained to The Guardian: “We realised there was a sound developing in a certain part of the Venn diagram of the album and we wanted to push that. It was kind of this tropical, plastic-y, mournful sound, whereas his [John’s} songs were more from the [our hit single] ‘Rather Be’ world.”

Craig David, Stefflon Don, Rita Ora, Ellie Goulding are some of the other big name on the new Clean Bandit record.