"We should definitely have some fireworks and some kinda celebration!"

Chris Shiflett has spoken about 20 years as a Foo Fighter – and how he’s planning to mark the milestone at Reading & Leeds.

The Foos axeman first joined the band in 1999 and has featured on every record since 2002’s ‘One By One’.

And as Foo Fighters prepare to finish touring 2017’s ‘Concrete & Gold‘, Shiflett says their break will have added significance.

“Technically the end of tour was last fall but we’re still doing quite a bit this year!” Shiflett told NME.

“In this day and age there is no end – and I’m lucky for that. But I will say that my 20th anniversary of being in Foo Fighters is coming up in August, so we should definitely have some fireworks and some kinda celebration!”

Discussing the honour of headlining Reading & Leeds for the forth time, Shiflett attributed the band’s success to the “rock and roll culture” that exists in the UK.

“The UK has always been the place where we’ve hit those landmarks and there’s a great rock and roll culture over there,” explained Shiflett.

“I think Europe in general has it, we all grew up listening to English rock and roll and English punk, but it’s always held a special place for rock and roll fans coming from America – with The Stones and Zeppelin and all that stuff.”

Reading & Leeds could also be the last chance for Foos fans to see them for a while, as plans for a 10th Foos album are yet to emerge.

“We haven’t started talking about it yet, but we’ll get there,” he said.

Next month, Shiflett will return to the UK and Europe for a forthcoming tour to promote his second solo record. You can find all the details about that here and listen to lead single ‘This Ol Town.’