Camila Cabello Reveals Why the 'Most Important' Relationship Is With Yourself in 'First Stream Live' Podcast

Dennis Leupold
Camila Cabello
This week’s New Music Friday is jam-packed with bops from Harry Styles, Camila Cabello, CNCO and more, and Billboard’s First Stream Live podcast is breaking down everything you need to know about each new release.

On Friday’s episode (Oct. 10), Billboard’s Chelsea Briggs chatted exclusively with Cabello about her new single “Easy” and why she wants her fans to know that self-love is even more important than finding a happily ever after.

“I have learned actually, ironically, that I think the most important relationship you have is the one you have with yourself,” the pop star says. “Being in love is incredible, but I do think that it’s important for my fans to also know that your happiness is a choice and it’s up to you. Nobody else is gonna give that, and you loving yourself is only gonna make you love other people better.”

“Easy” serves as Cabello’s fourth release ahead of her upcoming sophomore album, Romance, and follows dual lead singles “Shameless” and “Liar” as well as last week’s “Cry For Me.”

Camila Cabello is seen wearing pants and belted coat Johanna Ortiz on June 18, 2019 in Cannes, France.
READ MORE
Camila Cabello Found Someone Who Loves Her the Way She Is in 'Easy': Listen
Elsewhere in the episode, Briggs and co-host Fernando Ventura run down new music from country upstart Blanco Brown, Asian media collective 88Rising, Mike Posner and more.

Check out the latest episode of Billboard’s First Stream Live podcast below.