Bruno Mars isn’t receiving a dime from the NFL to perform during the Super Bowl Halftime Show. However, that doesn’t mean the singer won’t benefit financially from the appearance.

According to NFL spokesperson Brian McCarthy, the league won’t fork over cash to any performers who agree to take part in the event. However, the organization will foot the bill for any expenses associated with traveling to the event.

“We do not pay. We cover all expenses associated with the performance,” McCarthy explained to the folks over at Forbes last year.

However, don’t start feeling too sorry for Bruno Mars just yet. Performing during the Super Bowl Halftime Show will introduce the singer to people who may have previously missed out on some of his tunes. As a result, this could help boost album sales and increase the amount of tickets he sells at upcoming shows.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=SR6iYWJxHqs

“This is the kind of exposure that entertainers would give their right arm for… they could do 20 Leno and Letterman appearances and still not reach that [kind of] audience,” Sportscorp president Marc Ganis recently explained.

He continued, “One of the answers is there aren’t that many acts like that. And the NFL has been going through most of them. You don’t want to recycle. If you’re going to look outside that limited sphere, Bruno Mars is a pretty good selection.”

Of course, Bruno Mars probably isn’t thinking too much about his bank account right now. With the big game looming on the horizon, the singer just wants to make sure the millions of people who will watch his every move are thoroughly entertained by the upcoming performance.

Mars said during a press conference earlier this week that he intends to give the halftime show everything he’s got. He also seems incredibly pumped about sharing the stage with California rockers the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

“We love to raise the stakes. When the NFL said, ‘You can have another artist there with you,’ the first band I thought of was Red Hot Chili Peppers. They’re a soulful band, and soulful people, too. [RHCP bassist] Flea is so passionate about music. I want to surround myself with guys like that forever,” Bruno said.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=nPvuNsRccVw

The halftime show isn’t the only place you’ll hear Bruno Mars during the Super Bowl. The folks at Hyundai decided to use the singer’s track “Count On Me” during one of their commercial spots. However, the company insists the selection had nothing to do with the singer’s involvement with the event.

“The most critical thing for us is we need lyrics that really help us tell our story, and as we listened to ‘Count On Me’ and the key lyric, ’1, 2, 3 and I’ll be there…’ it clearly summed up what we’re trying to say. Even though it’s one of his lesser-known songs, it’s our way of sharing it to a broader audience,” a Hyundai spokesperson said in a recent statement.