The Canadian musician will feature on a track on the Sheffield rock band's upcoming new album

Bring Me The Horizon have spoken about their “very different” collaboration with Grimes, suggesting some people may be surprised by it.

The track will feature on the Sheffield rock band’s upcoming new album ‘Amo’, which is set for release on January 25.

Speaking to Kerrang!, keyboardist Jordan Fish said the song ‘Nihilist Blues’ was “an example of us really going for it on this record.” “It’s like this dark rave song or something – it’s absolutely mental, and it might be my favourite on the whole album,” he continued. “I’m sure people will hear it and go, ‘What the fuck?!’ but whatever. It’s very different in sound for us.”

Of working with the Canadian musician, he said: “We’re big fans of Grimes and she loved the song. She actually sent it back with all these added elements which we weren’t expecting, but she’s super creative and she’d completely gone to town on it. That elevated the song to a whole new level. She’s someone we respect, and not really someone you’d expect to find working with a metal band. Or a rock band. Or whatever it is we are…”

Meanwhile, the band have confirmed their latest single ‘Wonderful Life’ was actually intended for a different band. Speaking to Radio 1, frontman Oli Sykes said: “Last year, me and Jordan went and worked with Fred Durst on a Limp Bizkit album. It just didn’t work out, to be honest. He just didn’t show up most of the time.

“It’s one of them things, looking back, where it wasn’t meant to be. One good thing came out of it: me and Jordan wrote this riff and I one day decided the tempo and key matched almost perfectly with the song. So we de-Bizkit‘d it a bit, and it ended up sounding pretty sick.”

Bring Me The Horizon will preview the new record on tour next month, when they will hit arenas around the UK. Remaining tickets for the tour are available here.

Bring Me The Horizon will play:

November 2018

23 – Birmingham Arena, Birmingham
24 – First Direct Arena, Leeds
25 – SSE Hydro, Glasgow
27 – Motorpoint Arena, Cardiff
29 – Alexandra Palace, London