The Panic! At The Disco frontman has previous in musical theatre, having starred in 'Kinky Boots' on Broadway

Brendon Urie has spoken out about his future in musical theatre, revealing that he is currently considering writing a musical based on his own life.

The Panic! At The Disco frontman notably performed on Broadway back in 2017, playing the lead role in Kinky Boots for three months.

Urie has left the door open for a return to the theatre stage, with the 31-year-old now hinting that he might pen his very own musical in the near future which could end up on both the stage and the big screen.

“I’ve been talking to a couple of movie directors about film music ideas and about doing musical theatre, Broadway maybe,” he told The Sun’s Bizarre column. “The ideal [scenario] would be to write music for an idea somebody else has come up with.

“I talked about doing my origin story, growing up in Vegas, so we will see what happens.”

Urie also told the column that he’d love to star in a production on London’s West End, adding that his dream role would either be playing Jean Valjean in Les Misérables or Elder Price in The Book of Mormon.

Last month, Urie discussed the possibility of working on a metal-sounding project in the future – while also hinting that P!ATD’s sound “could change even more drastically” in the months and years to come.