Justin-Bieber.jpg

Justin Bieber says Ben Stiller is a 'nonthreatening' director.

The 21-year-old singer makes a cameo appearance in the upcoming sequel. Ben, 49, reprises his role as male model Derek Zoolander in the movie, which he also helms.

And Justin says that while the acting appearance was somewhat out of the ordinary for him, Ben made it an easy process.

'I start the movie off,' Justin told Women's Wear Daily of his role in the film. '[I'm] the first thing you see in the movie, which is pretty cool. I do this whole, like, parkour sequence.

'I've never really done something like that before. I didn't expect Ben [Stiller] to be so hands on. It was really cool to have him direct me in such a nonthreatening way. I wasn't intimated at all.'

The sequel, which also sees Owen Wilson return to his role as Derek's modeling competitor Hansel, is due for release on February 12, 2016.

While little is known about the plot of the follow-up film, it is known to be set in Europe, and will also see guest appearances from stars including Billy Zane and Kristen Wiig.

Another cameo comes from country singer Willie Nelson, who has a close friendship with Owen.

'Owen and I are good buddies. We stay pretty close in touch,' Willie, 82, told Entertainment Weekly. 'He's the one that asked me if I wanted to do it: 'Let's do it.' '

Racing driver Lewis Hamilton will also make an appearance in the sequel. However, he admits he found the experience of shooting the film 'strange'.

"It was a scene set at a fashion show,' he told Evening Standard magazine. 'Ben came to meet me when I arrived and I got to talk to him, and he was just so down-to-earth it was kind of strange."

"He was exactly like he is in the movies. I'm going to lose my s**t when I see myself in a film with him."