The Beatles on Google Play Music: See the Most Popular Songs in U.S. & Globally

Something that for years was regarded as impossible happened on Christmas Eve 2015. No, we didn't finally get peace on earth, but as a consolation prize, we did get "All You Need Is Love" (and nearly every other official Beatles song) on music streaming services worldwide.

The Beatles were a big get for music streaming, which now (as a whole) generates literally trillions of plays a year and has become the go-to mode of consumption for a healthy portion of young music listeners.

With new generations discovering the Fab Four, longtime fans revisiting them and some middle-aged listeners entering the music streaming realm for the first time because of the world's greatest rock band, we're taking a look at which Beatles songs are most popular on various streaming services. We've already rounded up Spotify's most popular songs and albums, and today, we're exclusively announcing the most popular Beatles songs on Google Play Music (data taken from the Beatles' streaming debut through Dec. 27, 2015).

As you can peruse in separate top 10 lists below, these are the most popular songs on Play Music's free radio service (where users choose which Beatles songs they listen to by skipping songs) as well as on the Play Music subscription service, where listeners have full control over which tracks they listen to.

The radio top 10 list skews toward the Beatles' earlier material, while the subscription favorites list is more career-comprehensive -- and topped by two songs from the Beatles' final album, Abbey Road (neither of which made the radio top 10). Only two songs from the top 10 subscription songs list even appear on the radio top 10.

In addition to the radio and subscription lists for Play Music in the U.S., we're also sharing the top 10 songs for Play Music subscribers in Great Britain and Canada, as well as the top 10 for Play Music radio listeners in Canada.

Across these lists, most of the favored tracks are Lennon/McCartney compositions, but two George Harrison numbers pop up on these lists ("Something" and "Here Comes the Sun") in addition to two covers -- "Twist and Shout" (first a hit for the Isley Brothers) and Little Richard's "Long Tall Sally."

See which Beatles tracks are connecting most with listeners on Google Play Music below (Note: Classic radio staple "Come Together" also topped Spotify's list of most popular Beatles songs).

Top 10 Global (Radio and Subscription)

1. Come Together
  2. I Want To Hold Your Hand
  3. Here Comes The Sun
  4. In My Life
  5. Twist And Shout
  6. All You Need Is Love
  7. Something
  8. Ticket To Ride
  9. She Loves You
  10. Let It Be

Top 10 U.S. Subscription