The pop star will share the brand new collaboration with best friend and rising singer Victoria Monét

Ariana Grande is set to release a brand new song called ‘Monopoly’ next week.

The new track will be the first new material the pop star has released since the release of her latest album ‘thank u, next’ last month.

Grande teased the release on Twitter in a back-and-forth with her best friend and long-term collaborator Victoria Monét. The pair began by sending what appear to be lyrics to each other on the social networking site, with Grande writing: “Work so fuckin muuuuuch, need a twinny twin twin.”

She later added: “Man, let’s drop it tomorrow night @victoriaMonet seven rings is ab to be number one for eight weeks and the album might go back to no. 1 too…. We need to celebrate tbh ! Life too short and too sweet rn. Hmmmmmmm.”

Monét replied with a different idea, telling Grande they should wait until Monday so they could “celebrate an 8th week at number 1!!Cause this shit is insaaaane”.

The pop star then revealed the track wasn’t even mastered “or ready or delivered” and agreed to hold off until next week. “This is why I can’t go on twitter anymore,” she added. “I get too excited and say shit I shouldn’t. however, Monday is soon enough ! We love uuu.”

The new release comes after Grande and Monét performed another unreleased track on stage in Washington D.C. as part of the ‘Sweetener’ world tour. Grande gave a rare performance of ‘Got Her Own’, which was teased on Snapchat in 2016 but has yet to see the light of day.