Mauricio Santana/Getty Images
Anitta performs live on stage during day 6 of Rock In Rio Music Festival at Cidade do Rock on Oct. 5, 2019 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
While Snoop Dogg is thanking his mom on Instagram for giving birth to him, Anitta is thanking Snoop for being part of her life.

The Brazilian singer took to Instagram early Monday (Oct. 21) to share her love and admiration for the California rapper in honor of his 48th birthday.

“Happy birthday uncle @SnoopDogg,” she captioned a photo of the two posing together. “I wanna thank YOU and tell you how special you made me feel when we first talked. You are one of the best people I've ever met. It's an honor to have met such a legendary human being in my life. I love you.”

Anitta in <em>Vai Anitta</em>.
READ MORE
31 Surprising Things We Learned About Anitta From Netflix's 'Vai Anitta'
Early this year, Snoop and Anitta teamed up with Ludmilla and Papatinho for the Brazilian funk-meets-hip-hop track “Onda Diferente,” part of Anitta’s studio album Kisses. The bilingual song (Portuguese and English) is accompanied by a music video that shows the two artists' chemistry and has more than 78 million views.

See Anitta’s birthday message to Snoop below: