All Saints have announced that they will reform for a 2014 tour.

The girl band originally broke up 12 years ago, but will come together again in spring next year to play five shows in support of the Backstreet Boys.

"We are really looking forward to performing together as guests of the Backstreet Boys on their tour. We can't wait," they said in a statement.

"We're singing a lot of big songs like 'Never Ever' and 'Pure Shores' which will be amazing," they added.

All Saints, which are formed of Shaznay Lewis, Melanie Blatt, Natalie and Nicole Appleton, originally split in 2001 before briefly reforming in 2006.??

A the Evening Standard reports, Blatt had previously insisted in an interview in 2009 that the band will never reform.

The news comes as a surprise since Blatt had insisted, "All Saints are never getting back together again". She added: "I never want to sing again. I recently did the Brits with Nic and we just went round chatting to people and then got drunk. That's my goal - to get paid for chatting to people and getting drunk!"??

The tour will also mark a comeback for the Backstreet Boys, who will be performing together as the original line-up for the first time in 10 years due to the return of Kevin Richardson.

Nicole Appleton recently split from her husband Liam Gallagher after The New York Post claimed that journalist Liza Ghorbani had had an affair with him after she interviewed him for the New York Times in 2010, It was also claimed that subsequently gave birth to a daughter, Gemma, in January of this year.

The former Oasis frontman was living with his wife Appleton, the mother of his 12-year-old son Gene, when news of Ghorbani's claims were revealed earlier this year.

All Saints and the Backstreet Boys will play:

Birmingham LG Arena (March 6)
Dublin The O2 (April 1)
Glasgow Hydro (3)
London O2 (4)
Manchester Phones 4u Arena (5)