As many of you know I am a Bungie fanboy, and I spent much of my youth playing the Halo series. Recently I’ve spent a lot of time in the Alpha & Beta builds of Destiny, and I honestly really enjoy it. The game looks beautiful, mechanically feels just like Halo 2, and just leaves you speechless at every possible moment.

Earlier this month, A contributor from Forbes Paul Tassi wrote,

I won’t recap my entire argument from last time, but the long in short of it is that it’s incredibly difficult to coordinate five friends playing a game like Destiny in a stage in life when many have class, jobs, spouses and/or children. And past that, it seems like it would also be hard to make in-game friends in Destiny to do these raids, given that the game only allows limited communication between random players.

I feel Bungie has the right idea with this, I don’t want just any noob jumping into my raid and trolling us into failing all night. If you don’t have 5 friends that you can count on, to help you complete a raid then you need new friends. Finding new friends in Destiny is pretty easy, you can either solo queue up for a Strikes, Crucible, Explore, or just hangout at the Tower and talk to new people and ask them if they wanna try doing a few Raids.

Luke Smith from Bungie said,

That barrier to entry – the requirement that you get a group of people together and venture into something that is going to challenge your ability to work together (first) and your thumbs (second) – is a barrier I was willing to erect to preserve the activity goals. Bleeding edge hardcore groups will invest some significant amount of time in figuring out the encounters and making their way through the Vault.”

“The Vault of Glass is in many ways an activity that will build groups from the disparate people who come together to try and make their way through it. It’s very much a team building exercise.

Thank you Bungie for once again listening to your fans, and not catering to the every man. There is no need to nerf Destiny down. Let’s see a challenge in the gaming scene and grow as a community.