Harrison Ford and George Lucas reflected on 'American Graffiti' and 'Star Wars' collaborations at the 'Star Wars' panel in Orlando.

Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill and George Lucas surprised fans by stopping by the Star Wars Celebration in Orlando for a discussion of the historic film series and its impact on their lives and on popular culture.

Ford began by poking fun at the technical language Lucas wrote in the scripts, noting how he would need multiple takes during filming. From there, the trio considered the impact of the films. "It's made no difference in my life whatsoever," Ford joked. The actor who portrayed Han Solo throughout the films first began working with Lucas during American Graffiti, the first of many lucrative, culture-shifting collaborations together.

"In American Graffiti, I could see that he was a real talent," Lucas said of why he chose Ford, who had returned to being a carpenter prior to his role in Star Wars. The pair reflected on the chain of events leading to entering each other's lives, which included the fact that Ford had been employed by Francis Ford Coppola to build a door.

"I was working, making a living," the actor noted before turning to Lucas. "Happily, I still am. Thank you very much."

source: http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/n...istory-w476625