VANESSA Feltz has confessed that she was "passionately in love" with her Strictly Come Dancing partner, James Jordan, when she appeared on the show in 2013.

The star made the revelation as she admitted that she isn't surprised that married Katya Jones was pictured kissing her celebrity partner, Seann Walsh, at the weekend.

Writing in her Daily Express column, the 56-year-old presenter explained that she had to give herself a "stern talking to" when she realised that she was falling for her married dance partner - and she was also engaged to her partner Ben Ofoedu at the time.

Vanessa explained: "I definitely spent four heady days deeply madly passionately in love with happily married James Jordan until I lurched back to my senses, remembered I was on a TV show, gave myself a stern talking to and snapped back to being a grown-up."

She continued: "Imagine being in close proximity to a ridiculously good-looking stranger who just happens to be paid to be remarkably polite to you for hours every day.

"Imagine being invited to place intimate parts of your anatomy around and about intimate parts of his/hers?

"You spend more time in each other’s company, more hours in each other’s arms than you can ever recall spending with your spouse.

"You bond in a way so dramatic, literally so breathtaking, you can think of nothing and no one else."

Vanessa went on to insist that she doesn't think it is only "unhappy" relationships that fall victim to the so-called 'Strictly Curse' - instead saying that only "strong" contestants can resist the "allure" of an affair with their professional partner.

The star also listed all of the celebs who saw their relationships fall apart in her year on the show alone - including Rachel Riley, who is still dating her Strictly partner Pasha Kovalev.

Rugby player Ben Cohen also left his wife for his dance partner, Kristina Rihanoff, and TV presenter Susanna Reid broke up with her long-term boyfriend shortly after the BBC show came to an end.

Vanessa was the second celebrity to be eliminated from the competition in her series on the programme.

Her partner James, and his wife of 15 years, Ola Jordan, both starred as professional dancers on Strictly for several years - but neither fell victim to the Strictly Curse.

Fans of the show were left stunned when Katya and Seann were pictured passionately kissing this week - even though they were both in relationships.

Katya is married to fellow Strictly pro Neil Jones, and Seann was dating actress Rebecca Humphries.

Both stars have issued apologies for the kiss, which they dubbed a "drunken mistake".

Earlier this evening, Rebecca issued an emotional statement where she confirmed that she had ended her romance with Seann.

She claimed that the pictures of Katya and Seann were taken on her birthday, and that the comedian had branded her "psycho" when she previously voiced her suspicions about Katya.