Universal Television has acquired the rights to adapt the Rebel Blue Ranch series of books from author Lyla Sage.

The series — Done and Dusted, Swift and Saddled, and Lost and Lassoed – is from The Dial Press, an imprint of Penguin Random House. Each book follows a different pair of characters, but they all center on small-town romances.

Done and Dusted was self-published in June 2023, then acquired by Emma Caruso of The Dial Press, and re-releasedin October 2023. Swift and Saddled was published this month and Lost and Lassoed comes out in November.

“Lyla’s Rebel Blue Ranch series of books are an exhilarating combination of fresh characters, sharp humor, and swoon-worthy romance. They’re the perfect example of why audiences, particularly the online book community, continue to embrace the genre so heartily,” said Vivian Cannon, EVP, Drama Development, Universal Television. “We are delighted to partner with her and HopeTown Entertainment to bring the feel-good, small-town drama of Rebel Blue Ranch and Meadowlark, Wyoming to the screen.”

“I’m absolutely thrilled to be working with Universal Television and HopeTown Entertainment to bring my beloved characters from page to screen,” added Sage. “Their fun, enthusiastic, and thoughtful vision for Rebel Blue Ranch is more than I ever could have imagined. This is a dream come true!”

USG’s Creative Acquisitions and IP Management team, led by Jordan Moblo, was instrumental in securing the rights to the novel. Tish Cyrus and Dannah Axelrod of HopeTown Entertainment will executive produce the adaptation of the books.

“From the second we read Done & Dusted we knew that the world and characters of Lyla’s delightful Rebel Blue Ranch book series was ripe for adaptation,” said Cyrus. “The stories are a compelling mixture of small-town cowboy romances, relatable characters, and juicy drama. We feel very lucky that Lyla and Universal Television have entrusted us to help bring this special book series to the screen.”

Sage is represented by Jessica Watterson and Andrea Cavallaro at the Sandra Dijkstra Literary Agency, and John W. Beach and Kevin Cleary at Gravity Squared Entertainment for film & television.