CBS All Access doesn't want the story of Tell Me a Story to end yet.

The streaming service has renewed the fairy tale-themed thriller from The Vampire Diaries and Dawson's Creek creator Kevin Williamson for a second season. The pickup comes seven episodes into the show's first season; new installments debut Thursdays on the service, with the finale set for Jan. 3.

"The first season of Tell Me a Story turned conventional fairy tales on their heads, interweaving and modernizing three classic stories into a compelling thriller for today's audiences, in a way only Kevin Williamson can," said Julie McNamara, executive vp original content, CBS All Access. "We can't wait to surprise and entertain viewers with a whole new set of tales next season."

The renewal for Tell Me a Story comes on the heels of CBS All Access handing down its first cancellation to One Dollar. Like other streamers, CBS All Access doesn't make viewership data public.

Tell Me a Story's first season reimagines and interweaves the classic stories of the "Three Little Pigs", "Red Riding Hood" and "Hansel and Gretel" into a contemporary, New York-set tale of love, loss, greed, revenge and murder. The cast includes James Wolk, Billy Magnussen, Dania Ramirez, Danielle Campbell, Dorian Missick, Michael Raymond-James, Davi Santos, Sam Jaeger, Zabryna Guevara with Paul Wesley and Kim Cattrall.

Season two will feature a new set of characters and fairy tales. A return date hasn't been set.