STRICTLY star Craig Revel Horwood has said the show's curse is actually a "blessing" in disguise for unhappy couples.

The judge, 53, is adamant that relationships only break down on the show if they were not strong to begin with.

He made the comments on the Jonathan Ross show days after the curse claimed more victims this week.

Seann Walsh got dumped by his girlfriend Rebecca Humphries after The Sun On Sunday's pictures showed him cheating with his dance partner Katya Jones.

However, Craig is adamant that the Strictly curse only splits up couples whose romances were doomed anyway.

He said: "I think of it [the curse] as a blessing actually, to be honest.

"If you come on Strictly, sometimes you are in a relationship that is not working anyway.

People, if they are in love or married, end up being absolutely faithful to one another because of that love.

"It does not mean you are going to fall in love with your dancer."

He admitted that celebrities are tempted by their partners because they have to get so close physically for the dancer routines.

Craig explained: "You are up close and personal with that person, but there has to be something wrong in your relationship before it all goes awry anyway.”

The judge went onto insist Seann and Katya should be kept on the show so they can do a "dance of shame".

He said: "My take was, keep them in the show, make them do the Dance of Shame, if you like.

“I’m just saying it’s really important if this does happen to you, you face up to it.

"If you’re on your Christmas party and you snogged the boss, for instance, you’d still have to do the walk of shame on the Monday, wouldn’t you?”

Yesterday Seann, 32, and pro partner Katya, 29, were filmed cooking and scoffing a pizza for a skit on the show — the day after unconvincing apologies for their smooch on spin-off It Takes Two.

Grim-faced Seann, dumped by actress Rebecca Humphries, 32, said their five-year relationship was “far from perfect” anyway. Russian Katya insisted her marriage to show choreographer Neil Jones, 35, was “absolutely fine”.