ASHLEY Roberts and Faye Tozer topped the leaderboard with near perfect scores on tonight's Strictly Come Dancing.

Halloween Week brought plenty of surprises as well as incredible costumes, hair and make up.

But it was Ashley's Charleston and Faye's Couple's Choice routines which ended up impressing the judges the most and topping the leaderboard.

Ashley and partner Pasha Kovalev swapped their dramatic routines of the last two weeks for a fun-filled performance to Witch Doctor by Don Lang.

The judges were left stunned by the incredible routine, with Darcey Bussell, Shirley Ballas and Bruno Tonioli dishing out 10s.

Only Craig Revel Horwood witheld his 10 paddle, giving a nine for a total of 39 points.

Bruno said: "Astonishing, it was a magical, spellbinding, musical comedy of a Charleston.

"It's going to be one of the Strictly moments of the season."

While Shirley gushed: "It was one of the best choreographed routines I've ever seen. outstanding. absolutely in sync.

Steps star Faye and her dance partner Giovanni Pernice performed the only Couple's Choice routine of the night, with a Theatre and Jazz performance of Fever by Peggy Lee.

And just like Ashley, Darcey, Shirley and Bruno scored her a 10, while Craig stuck with a nine.

Shirley gushed: "Outstanding, it's not an in your face routine, but the little details were just fantastic.

Craig simply declared: "A-maz-ing" in his famous style, while Darcey added: "There was so much I loved about it, the mirroring each other, absolutely brilliant, a stunning performance."

Graeme Swann opened the show with his scary Cha Cha Cha.

The cricketer got to dance to iconic Michael Jackson song Thriller with his partner Oti Mabuse.

But while the judges praised his Michael Jackson moves such as the Moonwalk, they were unimpressed by his actual Cha Cha Cha steps, and scored him 21 points.

Darcey didn't mince her words, saying: "The best bit was the moonwalk, the references to Thriller you came alive, but the rest of it, died."

Stacey Dooley and Kevin Clifton danced a Tango to the Doctor Who Theme and switched gender roles at one point in the dance, with Stacey leading Kevin, who was dressed as a Cyberman.

It helped them achieve her highest score of the series with 35 points.

Bruno said: "Like the doctor herself, this girl seems to regenerate and come back better than ever every week.

"Apart from the fact it was splendidly styled, it was so sharp and so in focus and always a proper tango, impressive."

Dancing the first of two Jives tonight, Dr Ranj and Janette Manrara performed to Monster Mash by Bobby Pickett.

However the latter failed to impress the judges, after Ranj made "too many mistakes" during the routine and scoring 20 points.

Craig said: "I think the kids at home would love that number, I didn't however.

"I think the costume was covering a multitude of sins. I thought it was very heavy and very stompy. "There was some timing issues and you lost it on the drunken sailors and tried to pick it up again. Not your best."

Kate Silverton and Aljaz Skorjanec danced a Rumba to Skin by Rag'n'Bone Man as ice sculptures and it sadly left the judges cold and she ended up scoring 20 points.

Bruno said: "She's the ice queen of the frozen rumba, the rumba cannot be frozen, you have to be fluid.
"It's a very, very hard dance for everybody, you did your best."

Danny John-James and Amy Dowden danced an American Smooth to Spirit in The Sky by Doctor and the Medics.

Shirley said: "You have the most beautiful arms, you executed the lift really well but a footwork was a little bumpy. but you are mr consistant."

Seann Walsh and Katya Jones danced a Viennese Waltz to I Put a Spell on You by Screamin' Jay Hawkins, with the comedian dressed as a scary toy maker and Katya a spooky doll.

But the judges were not impressed, with Craig saying: "I think he'll find himself in the dance off again this week.

"There were timing issues everywhere. it was also very, very skippy. Not your one I'm afraid."

Darcey added: "I have to agree, however strong the character was the control in the rise and fall, the emphasis is in the music, you have to iron that out so it isn't jerky or skippy.

"I see the intention is there but it was just not being put into the right areas of the dance."

Charles Venn and Karen Clifton did a Jive to TimeWarp from the Rocky Horror Picture Show.

But after finishing second on the leaderboard last week, they found themselves back in the 25 group.

It was his timing which saw him come unstuck, with Darcey saying: "You started so well, the attack, the intent, the full energy, it was fast and frantic Jive.

"There was moments where you really had timing issues."

Craig agreed, saying: "I loved the routine it just needs tidying up and tightening up."

Joe Sugg and Dianne Buswell were next and performed a Foxtrot to 5 Seconds of Summer track, Youngblood.

The YouTube star was praised by the judges, with Bruno saying: "You are controlling the dance almost like a professional."

While Craig gushed: "I absolutely loved the breakouts and the snap back into hold.

"I thought it was genius."

Lauren Steadman closed the show with a Paso Doble to Poison by Nicole Scherzinger, who happened to be in the front row of the audience.

The Paralympian got her best scores of the series with 29 points, with Shirley saying: "I think your attitude was played just right, for me it was your best dance so far."

Bruno added: "That was a strong, proud, regal performance."