BRUNO Tonioli has never watched an episode of Strictly Come Dancing, despite being a judge on the programme for 14 years.

The 62 year old has been a critic on the show for almost two decades, but he has insisted he has never replayed a single episode because he doesn't want to become 'self-conscious'.

The choreographer - who is known for his exaggerated reactions - told the Radio Times: "I’ve been doing it for 14 years and I never watched a single show because I don’t want to become self-conscious."

However, Bruno - who is also a judge on Dancing With the Stars - has admitted only recently has he changed his ways.

The dancer has claimed he has only recently watched back scenes from the latin and ballroom dance competition for the 'first time'.

He added: "But we recently made a DVD of all the best dances from Blackpool – that was the first time I watched something back."

Bruno sent fans into a total meltdown when he was absent from the judging panel earlier this month.

The professional was replaced by the Fresh Prince of Bel Air actor, Alfonso Ribeiro, on Saturday October 20.

Alfonso - who portrayed Carlton in the popular programme alongside Will Smith - stepped in for Bruno while he was judging the American version of the competition.

Although Alfonso, 47, was well received by viewers, Bruno was back in his rightful place over the weekend in time for the Halloween Special.

Fans of the show were delighted to see him, with one writing on Twitter: "Well nice to see Bruno back #Strictly".

Another added: "Yay Bruno is back".

Bruno is one of the longest standing judges on the BBC One programme, alongside Craig Revel Horwood.

Bruno has provided feedback to contestants alongside Len Goodman - who has since left Strictly - and Alesha Dixon, as well as the newer panellists Darcey Bussell and Shirley Ballas.

In Sunday night's episode Seann Walsh and Katya Jones were the couple to leave the show after six weeks.

Their departure comes just weeks after they were spotted kissing in public.