You may or may not have heard, but apparently Quentin Tarantino had such a wonderful time making the Western “Django Unchained” that he was prepping another Western as a follow-up, something called “The Hateful Eight.” Well, not anymore.

Apparently the handful of people, mostly actors, who Tarantino gave the script to read, then gave it to other people — namely their agents — and those people gave it to other people, and now everyone in Hollywood apparently has a copy of the script. Which does not sit well with QT.

So much so that the director is now threatening to shelve the whole bloody thing and do something else. The Chinned One tells Deadline:

I’m very, very depressed. I finished a script, a first draft, and I didn’t mean to shoot it until next winter, a year from now. I gave it to six people, and apparently it’s gotten out today… That’s a betrayal, but not crippling because the agent didn’t end up with the script. There is an ugly maliciousness to the rest of it. I gave it to three actors: Michael Madsen, Bruce Dern, Tim Roth. The one I know didn’t do this is Tim Roth. One of the others let their agent read it, and that agent has now passed it on to everyone in Hollywood. I don’t know how these fucking agents work, but I’m not making this next. I’m going to publish it, and that’s it for now. I give it out to six people, and if I can’t trust them to that degree, then I have no desire to make it. I’ll publish it. I’m done. I’ll move on to the next thing. I’ve got 10 more where that came from.

Basically, he’s blaming either Michael Madsen’s or Bruce Dern’s people. So yeah, you can blame those guys’ people if you’ve been waiting for another Western from Tarantino, cause now you won’t get it. Probably.

Tarantino does say he might eventually get to making “The Hateful Eight” sometime in the future, but for now he’s shelving it and doing another movie instead. Of course, once he gets this little tantrum out of his system, he might end up doing it sooner.