SIMON Cowell appeared totally bemused at the start of Sunday evening’s X Factor results show as he revealed the six acts remaining at the end of the episode would be going on the show tour.

The record company boss, 59, who is in charge of the show broke the news to the viewing audience but appeared to be learning the information for the first time himself.

Music mogul Simon seemed to be getting fed lines to say in the studio through his earpiece, prompting show host Dermot O’Leary to ask him what was going on.

A slightly confused Simon said: “I’ve literally just been told this. I had no idea.

“Let me get this right, the six acts remaining are going to be the six acts who go on tour?”

Finally getting to grips with what was happening, Simon explained the two acts given the boot by the public on Sunday night would not be making an appearance at the live shows around the country.

Surprised that Simon was not more in control, Dermot exclaimed: “It’s your show!”, to which Simon responded: “Obviously it’s not my show. I’ve just been told that. I don’t know why.”

However, Simon decided he wasn’t going to be a walkover and, when it was revealed Bella Penfold and Shan were axed from the competition, he confirmed there would be eight acts on the tour rather than six.

The acts remaining on the ITV talent contest are Acacia & Aaliya, Anthony Russell, Danny Tetley, Scarlett Lee, Brendan Murray and Dalton Andre Harris.