CLEARLY affairs run in the family when it comes to Coronation Street’s Barlow clan.

After Ken hung up his bonking boots years ago, son Peter is now in full swing.

I’m told Peter, played by Chris Gascoyne, will shack up with Abi Franklin in a New Year fling.

And from the scenes I’m told they’re working on, a bit of the old Corrie comedy is back. In one conversation between Sally Metcalfe and Abi, played by Sally Carmen, she says of Peter: “I’m ringing that man’s bell like Quasimodo on steroids.”

When Sally asks more about the relationship, she adds: “It’s like being with a randy octopus.”

A soap source said: “Abi seems to want a full-blown relationship but clearly Peter is just up for sex. It’ll play out in the New Year, before Peter’s other big storyline which see his boat go up in flames.”

He was planning to go away on his boat for a few months, joined by son Simon, played by Alex Bain.

But that all goes up in smoke, as I revealed this year. Simon and Peter will get caught up in the drama after a huge fire on his canal boat.

Chris said his dream exit for former alcoholic Peter would not be in a fire but by drinking. He said: “I don’t think it would be a very nice storyline but it would be brilliant.”

The hangovers on set would be brutal.