HOLLY Willoughby walked off screen during tonight's I'm A Celebrity as she was unable to watcher a trailer for the first Bushtucker Trial.

The Viper Pit snake challenge will be taken on by Emily Atack after viewers chose the actress for the first trial.

Emily squealed her way through tonight's opener which saw her skydive from 12,000ft and be suckled on by a leech in the Snake Rock camp.

The actress has emerged as an early favourite for the crown with odds of 3/1 with bookmakers Coral.

Holly might give her a run for her money in tomorrow night's episode, with the squeamish presenter unable to watch the pit full of writhing snakes on a screen.

Declan Donnelly kicked off this year's new look I'm A Celebrity with hilarious jokes about his new co-host Holly.

The cheeky chappy addressed the elephant in the room - Ant's absence straight away, telling viewers: "There's a big change to this year's show, one of the most gorgeous presenters on British television has been joined by Holly Willoughby."

He had Holly and the crew in stitches with the joke, and it will no doubt have put a smile on Ant's face back in Blighty.

After the first ad break, Dec joked that he'd never "done it with a girl before", and usually "did it with another man", which "people seemed to like watching".

Holly smiled and told him to get on with the show.

The This Morning star then delivered her first hit, when she poked fun at Dec's size.

Having a go at her own catchphrase, she said: "He's loads of fun and he's five foot one."

Dec, who last year was ribbed mercilessly by Ant over his height, approved, failing to realise he was the butt of the joke.

Fans were impressed with the comedy opening, writing on Twitter: "Loool ‘He’s loads of fun and he’s 5ft1’ Another year and we’re still out here joking about Dec’s height. #ImACeleb.

"Anyone else just Google Dec’s height to see if he’s actually 5ft 1 😂😂.

"That was actually pretty clever Opening! Holly Shouted I’m a celeb get me out of here with Dec on the bridge, Dec is Blood Good tho isn’t he!! They addressed any ‘Issues’ I’d say! Good start #ImACeleb.

Holly, who is stepping in for Ant as he takes his extended break from showbiz, looked great in a black minidress and boots as she opened the show with Dec on the famous aerial walkways.