Believe it or not, professional wrestling and TV shows have a lot more in common than just the medium through which users consume the product. Both require a lot of hard work and dedication on the performer’s part, and, sometimes there can be a little crossover between the two.

One man who’s dabbled in both industries is Ring of Honor’s own Christopher Daniels. When he’s not doing things like defending his Six-Man Championship alongside his tag team partners Frankie Kazarian and Scorpio Sky in a ladder match at Supercard of Honor on April 7, 2018, he’s dipping his toes into acting. Most recently, Daniels was featured in the Netflix original series GLOW.

The appearance was short but sweet in episode five, where he appeared with his tag partner Kazarian. It turns out that a connection in the Wrestling industry landed him a job on the show.

“They had Chavo Guerrero Jr be the stunt coordinator, in addition, his uncle Mando was the original wrestling trainer for the ladies that competed in GLOW,” says Daniels, a well-known name in the Southern California Wrestling Circuit. “So I think there was a natural tie there with Chavo being a southern California guy with the production happening in Southern California.”

For the 48-year-old ROH Grand Slam Champion, living in Southern California most of his life meant he’s always had aspirations for Hollywood, and now, at the tail end of his career, he’s taking opportunities to do more and more stunt work while he can. As a member of the Screen Actors Guild, Daniels has been putting the work into doing more stunt work—he even does live performances for the Universal Studios Waterworld Stunt Show. Yet, it turns out, going from a live performance to recorded stunt work in film isn’t as difficult as it sounds.

“I think [directors] are often surprised by how quickly pro wrestlers they work with… can get stuff done. Because in pro wrestling, there’s not a lot of fight call or a lot of fight rehearsal, we just sort of go out and do the things we do,” says Daniels. “For Example, on the GLOW set, we went through what you saw on the screen and when we were done they told us ‘OK you all take a break, and when you’re ready we can shoot again’ and Frankie [Kazarian] and I were like ‘we’re ready now, we don’t need a break, we can do this again’ and… I think they expected us to be tired or beaten up a little bit. In pro-wrestling you wrestle anywhere from 10 to 15 minutes at a time, so we were ready to go.”

For now, Daniels is still happy being known as a wrestler. In Ring of Honor, you’ll be hard-pressed to find someone as accomplished as him, and he likes that. He’s looking forward to helping the next generation of wrestlers prove their worth in the promotion, and he looks forward to what it brings. Still, it’s worth keeping an eye on Daniels for the next TV spot, because if his experience with GLOW is anything to go by, he’ll have a lot of opportunities there.