CORONATION Street's Rita Sullivan faces losing the Kabin after being betrayed by her old friend Norris Cole.

Poor Rita is left devastated after she finds out her pal has flogged the shop behind her back.

The heart-wrenching storyline will reportedly mark the return of Malcolm Hebden, 78, who plays Norris, after he suffered a heart attack last year.

The Sunday Mirror reports Norris sells off the Kabin to Brian Packham and Cathy Matthews and doesn't even bother to tell Rita about the deal.

An insider said: "Brian and Cathy tell Rita they have done the deal to buy the Kabin.

"But until she has seen the contract she’s having none of it. Let the Kabin war begin.”

Rita has been serving behind-the-counter in the shop for decades and used to own the business before selling it off to her pal Norris.

He kept her on after buying it and she has been in charge while he's been away.

Norris left the Cobbles last year after actor Malcolm was taken ill.

Malcolm previously revealed how NHS staff saved his life after he suffered a “silent” heart attack - and said he wasn't sure if he would be able to return to the show.

After his GP listened to his heart, he was given the devastating news he needed emergency surgery and an ambulance was on its way.

Malcolm, 78, had suffered at least one heart attack without realising - which had torn a hole in the left ventricle.

It was unknown whether he’d survive and he spent almost a whole month in a medically induced coma.

Doctors said they had to effectively “wallpaper” his heart to fix the tear.

Malcolm, who was treated at the Lancashire Cardiac Centre in Blackpool as well as the Blackpool Royal Infirmary, said: “Fortunately I didn’t realise how bad it was. I was dying.

"The cardiac team simply saved my life.

“I was informed by my doctor I had had at least one heart attack.

“The heart attack tore a hole in my heart, they operated and took a chance.”