NIGEL Harman has revealed he would return to EastEnders if there was a believable storyline to bring him back from the dead.

The 45-year-old famously played Dennis Rickman on the BBC soap but was killed off on New Year’s Eve in 2005 when he was stabbed to death.

Speaking on today’s Loose Women about a possible comeback, Nigel admitted he would consider it becuase his character's son with Sharon – called Dennis - lives on.

He said: “We would have to come up with a story line, but I loved it.

“It would be difficult to find a storyline that was believable. Maybe a twin?”

The actor, who has since appeared in Downton Abbey, isn’t entirely up to date with the soap though, adding: “I dip in and out. I don’t really watch it enough to fully the storylines.”

During his time on the soap, Nigel’s character Dennis was known for his forbidden romance with his adoptive sister Sharon (Letitia Dean).

Just before his character was killed, Sharon discovered she was pregnant with Dennis’ child – who she called Dennis in her honour.

She later went on to marry Phil Mitchell, who confessed years later to being the one who killed Dennis.

Nigel, who is currently starring in the stage production of Glengary Glen Ross, wouldn’t be the only character to come back from the dead on the soap.

Dirty Den – Dennis’ dad – was presumed dead when he was shot and fell into the canal, only to return alive 14 years later.

Kathy Beale was killed in a car crash in South Africa, but was actually very much alive and returned nearly ten years later.

Grant Mitchell was also thought to be dead after not being rescued alongside Phil when their car ended up in the Thames – but he wasn’t and came back in 2005.