A SINGLE Ashley Irvin says she felt “blindsided” by Troy Delmege’s decision to leave their relationship on Married At First Sight after saying he loved her.

“I was very surprised. I can’t imagine saying ‘I love you’ to someone one week and then, a few weeks later, dumping them,” said Irvin, who also chose to leave during last night’s vow renewal.

“He also had the chance to leave every week if he thought I was that mean, so I think I was blindsided.”

Irvin said declaring his love for her during a fight was one of the “red flags” that made her question his motives for going on the show.

She told Confidential she was “absolutely single” and hoped to be “amicable” with Delmege, despite no possible romantic reconnection.

“I feel like we have bonded for life ... I would like to be friendly and amicable,” she said.

The Brisbane flight attendant, 29, said she only made up her mind the night before the vow renewal, adding that it was “one of the hardest decisions of my life”.

“In the back of my mind the whole time was that maybe not being around each other 24/7 we will do better,” she said.

“Despite what was on TV, Troy and I had a great time together.

“We got along like an old married boring couple, which I guess doesn’t make good TV.

“But as lame as it was, it was my butterflies. I honestly don’t think he brought out the best in me.

“It’s disappointing that what I went on the show for I didn’t get. It sucks. I’m not happy about (being single). I put myself out there, and that’s all you can do.”

Irvin said she struggled watching her portrayal on the show, which she described as “negative and narky”.

“I’m usually bubbly and easygoing,” she said.