LOVE Island's Jonny Mitchell has got engaged to his girlfriend Danielle Zarb-Cousins after ten months of dating.

Danielle, who is represented by a modelling agency in London, is based in Essex and has been swept off her feet by the entrepreneur and reality star.

Jonny, 27, revealed Danielle said yes after he popped the question in Switzerland, and wrote in a gushing post on Instagram: "It sounds clichè, but I knew from the first time I met this girl that I was going to marry her.

"I probably would’ve proposed to her within the first month of knowing her if it wasn’t totally weird! She’s basically the girl version of me and gets me in every way humanly possible.. She’s a beautiful, caring soul inside and out..

"She’s there for me through thick and thin and puts up with all my crap.. and now she’s my fiancée and I couldn’t be happier"

Jonny went public with his romance with Danielle in February.

Danielle, 26, is an animal rights campaigner and vegan, who dotes on her rescue staffy.

Jonny rose to fame on Love Island last summer when he romanced the likes of Camilla Thurlow and Tyla Carr.

But his flirtations didn’t stop there – with Jonny dating Chyna Ellis when he left the villa.

He then moved onto Made In Chelsea star Stephanie Pratt.

Their relationship came to a bitter end in December with Stephanie accusing Jonny of cheating on her and treating her badly during their time together.

Stephanie, whose brother Spencer and wife Heidi starred in Celebrity Big Brother last year, claims she was sent messages by other women who alleged that Jonny wasn’t faithful.

A source told The Sun Online: "Steph and Jonny have split - things are over for now. She's being very secretive about what happened but I think they had a big row the other night and it's all off between them"

Jonny confirmed the split in a statement that read: "Jonny Mitchell and Stephanie Pratt have ended their relationship.

"Jonny has fond memories of the times they spent together and wishes Stephanie all the best of luck in the future."