Ever since introducing the world to his “particular set of skills” in 2008, Liam Neeson has experienced a career resurgence that has seen the star headline a number of action-thrillers, in addition to poking fun at his tough-guy persona in everything from Seth MacFarlane’s A Million Ways to Die in the West to The LEGO Movie. In fact, this new phase of Neeson’s career has been so pervasive that it’s hard to remember a time when he wasn’t one of the biggest action stars in Hollywood.

After all, Neeson had been in the business for decades before playing Bryan Mills in Luc Besson’s Taken , including an Oscar-nominated turn in Schindler’s List and geek-friendly roles in Darkman, Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace and Batman Begins. Now, with his newest release Run All Night about to hit theaters, it sounds like the actor may be ready to switch to yet another phase of his career.

According to The Guardian, Neeson’s days as an action hero may be numbered. Here’s what the actor had to say about how long audiences can expect his current run to last:

“Maybe two more years. If God spares me and I’m healthy. But after that, I’ll stop [the action], I think.”

One certainly can’t blame Neeson for wanting to quit the genre while moviegoers are still clamoring for more. His popularity is at an all-time high right now, and while films like Taken 3 haven’t exactly wowed critics (read our review), they are proving to be guaranteed box office successes.

“I’m in a very, career-wise, great place. The success of certainly the ‘Taken’ films… Hollywood seems to see me in a different light. I get sent quite a few action-oriented scripts, which is great. I’m not knocking it. It’s very flattering. But there is a limit, of course.”

The 62-year-old actor may claim to be done with his big screen gun-wielding antics, but when it comes to Hollywood, never say never. He’s already mentioned in the past that he would be open to the possibility of Taken 4. More than likely, Neeson needs a break to stretch his acting muscles in a more diverse group of projects, but if he is truly done with action films, it will be interesting to see what project he selects as his action swan song.

Do you think Neeson is really turning his back on action films, and if so, what project should be his last in the genre? Sound off in the comments with your thoughts.

Run All Night hits theaters on March 13, 2015.