Expect Disney's live action Beauty and the Beast movie to embrace its music roots, even if it's not pulling songs from the Broadway musical.

"What Disney has slowly been building towards and giving people little tastes of -- even in Jungle Book, which I hear is brilliant, but I've yet to see it; I cannot wait to see it, but I hear you have little tidbits of music -- you finally have a movie that embraces the incredible music that Howard Ashman and Alan Menken wrote and gives it the kind of scope and scale that Hollywood don't do anymore in live-action musicals," Josh Gad told while promoting his role in The Angry Birds Movie. "The scale of these numbers is going to floor people."

Gad spoke broadly about how music will play a role in the movie, though he wouldn't get specific about what ways this Bill Condon-directed version of the story will deviate and elevate its inspiration, the 1991 animated Beauty and the Beast.

"It is one of those movies that is so iconic," he said. "What I think the creative team has brilliantly done under the guidance of Bill Condon is it's taken all of these moments that we recollect from our childhoods over the year of watching the film, etcetera, and it's given it new life, new wrinkles, new dimensions that are going to blow people away."

He added, "If you loved the original movie, you are going to love this film. If you've never seen the original movie, you are going to love this film. It has something old for everyone, something new for everyone, and it is very much its own beast, if you will."

Gad is playing La Fou, the sidekick of Gaston in the movie. When asked about his co-star Luke Evans, he had some high praise for his on-screen partner.

"That was my favorite part of the experience," Gad said. "That kid is unreal. He's such an unbelievable singer, and bringing a song like 'Gaston' to life, having sung it as a kid over and over again, it was a dream come true, opposite Luke."

Starring Emma Watson and Dan Stevens, Beauty and the Beast is slated to hit theaters on March 17, 2017. While fans need to wait close to a year to see the movie, Gad already got a sneak peek. "I saw a rough cut of it months ago, and I wanted to get up on my feet and applaud during sequences," he said. "It's just stunning, and I'm so excited and proud to be a part of it."