John Wick: Chapter 4 star Rina Sawayama has high praise for series star Keanu Reeves. Sawayama makes her film debut in the upcoming action film, with her character details currently being kept under wraps. The actor previously made her name in music, with her debut album Sawayama receiving critical acclaim on release. Upon accepting the new John Wick 4 role, Sawayama had to undergo intense physical training to prepare for the franchise's intense fight scenes, which the franchise has become well-known for.

John Wick: Chapter 4 will pick up after the events of John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum, which saw Wick surviving an attack by Winston (Ian McShane) in an effort to curry favor with the shadowy High Table. Wick is then delivered to the Bowery King (Laurence Fishburne), and the two agree to join forces against the High Table. John Wick 4 will continue the franchise's tradition of elaborately choreographed fight scenes with minimal cuts, in contrast to typical action scenes in American blockbuster films, which are often characterized by fast-paced editing and heavy use of CGI.

In an interview with Metro, Sawayama talks about Reeves' support during the intensive John Wick 4 shoot. She recalls the actor's professionalism and down-to-earth qualities, saying he was always around to encourage her during the physically demanding process. Sawayama talks about how she and Reeves would exercise together and bond over the intensity of the work, emphasising how special these moments were. Read her quote below:

"Keanu just has such an ordinariness about him – he’s really down to earth, he’s someone who is so chilled and lovely – just great to hang out with like he’s a family member. My favorite memory is looking over to him while we were both training in the same gym and being like, “F**k!” That was one of my faves – [training] was just so brutal! I loved sharing that moment with him – we were both like, “This is horrible.” But I can’t compare to what he’s done – he’s in the whole movie and I am in a portion of the movie. I don’t know how he does it – he does all his own stunts!"

Reeves is widely regarded as one of the nicest actors working in Hollywood, with his co-stars on multiple past projects frequently singing his praises. Given this, it's not surprising that Reeves has continued this streak with his latest John Wick project. Also well known for his impressive work ethic, Sawayama confirmed that Reeves will perform his own stunts in John Wick: Chapter 4. This is something he has done throughout the series, consistently proving his strong commitment to his beloved John Wick role.

Though Reeves has long had a reputation for being excellent to work with, in an industry as tough and unforgiving as Hollywood, it is refreshing to know that some actors have been able to maintain a positive attitude that also benefits others. With the first John Wick film, Reeves saw a career resurgence, with his popularity skyrocketing. In that time, he has held onto his reputation as a kind and generous co-star, even when he was further out of the spotlight. Sawayama's comments about her own hard work indiciate that she will make a strong addition to John Wick: Chapter 4, which will likely deliver another bout of expertly choreographed fights, with Reeves' ever-compelling presence at the center of it all.