Jennifer Lawrence slammed the Hollywood wage gap in a scathing essay addressing revelations from the Sony hack that she was earning less than her male co-stars in “American Hustle.”

“When the Sony hack happened and I found out how much less I was being paid than the lucky people with dicks, I didn’t get mad at Sony. I got mad at myself,” she wrote in an essay about gender pay inequality for her friend Lena Dunham’s Lenny Letter newsletter. “I failed as a negotiator because I gave up early. I didn’t want to keep fighting over millions of dollars that, frankly, due to two franchises, I don’t need.”

The Oscar winner said her decision was influenced by her need “to be liked” and her fear of coming off as “difficult” or “spoiled.” Although partly attributable to her age and personality, Lawrence said these image concerns are also indicative of social conditioning.
“At the time, that seemed like a fine idea, until I saw the payroll on the Internet and realized every man I was working with definitely didn’t worry about being ‘difficult’ or ‘spoiled,'” she wrote.

Lawrence said she’s putting those days behind her and addressing the industry’s inherent sexism head on.