Skyfall writer John Logan is busy completing production on his new horror series for Showtime, Penny Dreadful. He and series' stars Eva Green and Josh Hartnett took a small break from shooting on location in Ireland to attend this week's TCA (Television Critics Association) press tour for early promotion of the series.

We had the opportunity to sit down with both Logan and Hartnett do discuss the Gothic monster series (more on that to come). During the course of our conversation with Logan, we also touched on his other commitments, namely the upcoming 24th and 25th installments in the James Bond franchise, the first of which Skyfall director Sam Mendes will also helm.

Details on Bond films are notoriously kept under lock and key, and Logan was hesitant to reveal particulars about the story for the upcoming film. "All I can say about Bond is that I'm happily writing it" he said. Joking that, "Sam [Mendes] would rappel through the window and kill me." Though the writer did indicate that the next two films would carry forward what had been established with Skyfall.

One of the intentions with Skyfall was to recapture and contemporize some of the classic elements of Bond. "My goal is to write a great movie that's appropriate, to build on what we did on Skyfall, but make it its own unique animal," Logan said of the teams aspirations for Bond 24. "The themes, ideas and the characters from Skyfall can obviously continue on, because it is a franchise, and it is an ongoing story. So I think there's resonance from Skyfall in the new movie."

"I grew up on the Bond movies," Logan said of his own connection to the franchise. "The first one I saw was Diamonds Are Forever, when I was a kid. I just loved them to pieces. I love all the elements, from the books -- mostly from the novels; going back to Ian Flemming is where I started with Skyfall -- and there's certainly elements of the movies and the novels that we've brought into the new movie, as they did into Skyfall."

One of the most memorable elements in Skyfall was Javier Bardem's villainous Silva. "He was just fantastic!" Logan enthused, adding that the creative team didn't feel pressure to match the success of that villain as each story requires its own unique antagonist.

Eon, the production company behind the Bond franchise, just got back the rights back to the Joker of the Bond world, Ernst Stavro Blofeld. As such, fans have been wondering if we may see Blofeld make an appearance was early as the next Bond film.

"You know, I think our villain's appropriate to the story we're telling," Logan said slyly when asked if there was a temptation to utilize that character now that they are able.

We will keep you updated as details on Bond 24 and 25 emerge.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/06/03...ead-in-bond-24