Bob Metelus will direct the pic, drawing upon hours of behind-the-scenes footage.

Imagine Documentaries has partnered with three-time NBA champion Dwyane Wade on a documentary chronicling his NBA career and his life off the court as he completes his final year in the league this season, it was announced Wednesday by Imagine Documentaries' Justin Wilkes.

The film will be directed by Bob Metelus, Wade’s longtime cinematographer, whose Metelus Studios has had behind-the-scenes access to the NBA player throughout his career. It will use home movies, video diaries and fly-on-the-wall verite footage to explore Wade’s professional endeavors, his personal struggles. his role as a husband and father and his “Last Dance,” his final year in the league.

Metelus will also produce alongside Wilkes and Imagine Documentaries executive vp Sara Bernstein. Imagine Entertainment chairmen Brian Grazer and Ron Howard will serve as executive producers alongside Wade’s production company, 59th & Prairie Entertainment.

“The opportunity to tell a high-stakes personal story that spans a decade using purely verite material is a documentarian’s dream,” Wilkes said in announcing the project. "The fact that the story belongs to one of the greatest athletes of all time is cinematic kismet. We’re honored to be working with Dwyane and Bob on creating a film that will entertain and inspire."

“I’m looking forward to sharing this very personal documentary that peels back the layers of my emotional 16-season journey with all of its twists and turns, and peaks and valleys,” Wade added in a statement. “It has been a roller coaster ride, and the never-before-seen footage will show my fans how I’ve made my own way throughout this incredible adventure.”

Commented Metelus: "I'm fortunate to have exclusive access into Dwyane's life, and have witnessed and captured incredibly raw and powerful moments over the years. It's been a privilege and honor to chronicle his special journey on and off the court. I'm excited to share his inspirational story with the world and show an intimate, behind the scenes look at the life of a three-time NBA champion, father, husband, businessman, philanthropist, style icon and someone I'm lucky enough to call a close friend.”

The newly formed Imagine Documentaries’ slate of projects include the Bryce Dallas Howard documentary DADS, Ron Howard’s Rebuilding Paradise for National Geographic Documentary Films and the docuseries She the People with Sarah Jones. The division also recently teamed up with Apple to produce a slate of feature documentaries and docuseries under an exclusive, first-look deal.