HARRY Redknapp refused to eat the emu dinner supplied to his camp on I’m A Celebrity tonight, admitting he thought they would actually be fed more familiar food.

The footballing legend, 71, thought show bosses would supply them with their favourite dishes but he in fact found out the stars do really eat what is shown on television.

During this evening’s episode, the red team in Croc Creek were given emu whereas the yellow team in Snake Rock had to live on basic rations of rice and beans.

Most of the red team were delighted to sample the emu meat but Harry, who is the highest paid star in I’m A Celeb history with his £500,000 fee, was not so sure about trying it.

He said: “I thought there’d be a cheese roll in there but they said it was emu. I didn’t even think people ate emu. I’ve got to be honest, I don’t think I can eat emu.”

Referring to comedian Rod Hull and his puppet, Harry joked: “I know but I used to like Rod Hull and Emu on TV. I feel bad eating him now.”

Coronation Street’s Sair Khan and television presenter Nick Knowles took on cooking duties on behalf of the camp and Harry confessed he did not think camp life would be as real as it is portrayed on screen.

He said: “I’ve got to be honest. I thought there was a caravan round the back here where they were doing bacon sandwiches.

“There will be an ‘ok, ok time out, let’s all go round and have a coffee, bacon sandwich, sausage sandwich, alright back on set’ but no, that ain’t happening is it?”

He added: “On second thoughts, I might get in touch with the local butcher and see if he can get one [emu] for Christmas Day this year rather than have a turkey or a chicken.

“Perhaps we’ll have an emu for Christmas dinner. On second thoughts, I don’t think so, I don’t think I ever want to see an emu again.”