HOLLY Willoughby has revealed that she was left close to tears when Phillip Schofield told her she was a “TV Jedi”.

Her co-star sent her the words of encouragement as she filmed I’m A Celebrity alongside Declan Donnelly for the first and last time.

Opening up the moment as she was reunited with Phillip at the Dancing On Ice launch yesterday, the 37-year-old described getting “the nicest message” from her TV husband, which simply read: “You are a TV Jedi”.

Yesterday was the first time Holly had the chance to see Phil after returning from Australia.

She said: “We’ve been texting and I called him, but it’s nice to see his face.”

Phillip was equally as happy to see her and gushed: “She was so brilliant. I was very proud. Just made me howl with laughter.

“When Joe Swash came off This Morning, and Holly had already taken off, he said: ‘I don’t know if anyone has told her when you take those big plastic heads off, all the bugs fall out and make a beetle carpet,’ I was waiting the whole series, and when it did happen it did not disappoint.”

Dancing On Ice, set to air in early 2019, includes Gemma Collins, Brian McFadden, and Richard Blackwood in the line-up.

The TV duo have said the roster of stars is superb, but defended reality programmes that allegedly lack big stars.

Holly said: “The thing is with the line-up, our line-up happens to be brilliant.

“But it doesn’t really matter, because you’re watching a person, for want of a better word, go on a journey. You’re with that person from day one, you’re watching how they change, you’re watching them learn the highs the lows,

“It doesn’t really matter. But, as it happens, we really do have a great line-up.”