Gal Gadot says that her young daughter wants to take over the role of Wonder Woman from her mom someday. Without question, 2017 was the year of Gadot and Wonder Woman in theaters, which, combined with her role in Justice League , made Gadot the highest grossing movie actress of the year . Between the film’s $100 million opening in June and the honor, however, lots of big things happened for Wonder Woman, including the distinction of becoming the top film of the summer at the domestic box office and the highest-grossing superhero origin movie ever with a stateside take of $412.5 million.

Not surprisingly, Gadot and director Patty Jenkins will be reteaming for a sequel to Wonder Woman, which is slated for a November 1, 2019, release. In between then, Gadot is sure to keep herself busy with other film projects including the deep sea thriller Deeper opposite Bradley Cooper, as well as being a mom to her two children with husband, Yaron Versano: 6-year-old Alma and baby Maya, who was born last March.

In a new interview with ET Canada, Gadot revealed that Alma loves the attention her mom’s iconic movie role has brought, and has already set a goal for herself later in life: Taking over the role. Gadot says:

“She didn’t watch the movie yet, because I’m the mother and I just try and protect her and give her normal things, but she will definitely. She’s very proud. She’s very, very proud… She’s already asked me if she can take over when I’m older.”

In the interim, Gadot should have plenty more opportunities to show her oldest daughter the power of Wonder Woman. In addition, to Wonder Woman 2, Gadot is expected to reprise the role in Justice League: Part 2 and The Flash-based film Flashpoint; and given her immense popularity in the DC Extended Universe, don’t be surprised if she turns up in other DCEU solo movies.

And while Gadot continues to entertain movie fans, it’s heartening to know the empowering effect Wonder Woman has on young girls, including her own. It’s been a transformative year for female empowerment at the movies, as the top three films domestically were all female-led , with Star Wars: The Last Jedi starring Daisy Ridley leading the charge, followed by Beauty and the Beast starring Emma Watson and Wonder Woman featuring Gadot.
Apart from numbers at the box office, the effect Wonder Woman had on women and young girls could be found everywhere this year, even in an emotional encounter Gadot had with a young fan of the movie at San Diego Comic-Con last summer. By Gadot revealing how her daughter wants to play the role someday, it’s the best signal of all that Wonder Woman has definitely hit home