Elizabeth Olsen teases Scarlet Witch's return to the Marvel Cinematic Universe after Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness. One of the biggest fallouts during Phase 4 was the progression of Scarlet Witch. While she came a long way in WandaVision, Scarlet Witch took a darker turn in Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness. After initially being the big bad of the Doctor Strange sequel, Wanda came around in the end and sacrificed herself to destroy every version of the Darkhold in the multiverse. However, despite making it look like this was the end for her, Scarlet Witch's fate has been left up in the air.

With the nature of superhero and comic book properties, dead isn't always dead. During a recent appearance at Comfest Con 2023 (via Agents of Fandom,) Olsen talked about her potential return to the MCU. Without revealing anything specific, Olsen teased that Scarlet Witch is more or less coming back to the MCU. Even though she was only asked about what she wanted, Olsen stressed that she was unsure if she could even say that, sharing the following:

Well, honestly, if I were to tell you exactly what I would want, I think I would be spoiling something. Because Kevin Feige genuinely asks us what we want to do with the character and then he does it. So… I don’t know if I can share, but I just want to come back!
How & When Will Elizabeth Olsen's Scarlet Witch Return To The MCU

With Olsen's Scarlet Witch not only being a massive fan-favorite but one of the MCU's biggest power players, her return is inevitable. But the bigger mystery is both how and when, especially now that Phase 5 is underway. As they get further into the Multiverse Saga, it would only be natural for Wanda re-emerges in at least one of the upcoming films or shows. Although if Marvel Studios really wants to make the audience wait, Wanda may not be back until Phase 6.

A major theory is that the WandaVision spinoff show Agatha: Coven of Chaos has a secret Scarlet Witch appearance lined up. Even though Olsen has declined that she is popping up, it wouldn't be shocking if that is misleading, as MCU actors have strict contracts to follow about what they can and can't spoil. Agatha: Coven of Chaos would be a natural choice for Wanda to return to the MCU, given the two characters' major connection through WandaVision. If Phase 6 is what they have in mind, Avengers: The Kang Dynasty and Avengers: Secret Wars are the likeliest films she may return to.

The biggest twist about Scarlet Witch's MCU return would be if Olsen suddenly appeared as a completely new version of Wanda. Whether or not that would be the best option is up for debate, as fans have a huge attachment to this Scarlet Witch. With Marvel Studios getting ready to bring the X-Men into the MCU, a variant Wanda who is a mutant, could be an intriguing option. Hopefully, it will be made clear enough sooner rather than later when Scarlet Witch is coming back to the MCU after Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.