THERE’s nothing I love more than a good takeaway – but David Walliams doesn’t seem to share my enthusiasm for a fantastic home delivery.

The Britain’s Got Talent judge hosted the annual British Takeaway Awards — a gig that would inspire beaming smiles from most blokes.

But I'm told the comic brought an unexpected sour edge to proceedings by grumbling at organisers backstage about his script. He moaned writers had killed his jokes when editing his speech and said he wouldn’t tell them.

Maybe he once had a dodgy kebab and has never quite got over it?

An insider at the event in London’s Savoy hotel, held in association with online takeaway firm Just Eat, said: “David was obviously not impressed and didn’t hold back in letting people know how he felt.

“He chucked the script out and made it quite clear he wasn’t going to take advice from anyone else about how to tell jokes. He was seriously unimpressed.

A source added: “People were excited to meet him and thought he would be a laugh a minute — but away from the public eye he was a bit of a diva.”

But friends of David insist his script was changed without his agreement and he was just being professional. The show went ahead as planned.

While David can cut a surly figure behind closed doors, he expects famous pals to take themselves lightly.

He has mocked Simon Cowell for having too much cosmetic work, worn hotpants to poke fun at Take That and engaged Ant & Dec in a cheeky war of words about their posh London lifestyles.

It’s no wonder he once rubbed up his Little Britain co-star Matt Lucas the wrong way. But in a recent interview, he hinted that their seven-year feud is over and the comedy could be revived.

He said: “I would love to return to it. I would like to do a live show again, I think that would be fun. And maybe a couple of specials.”

It might even be better than a Top Special Kebab or Best Special Fried Rice.