The season will mark the 10th anniversary of Pinter’s death with 20 plays over six months at his eponymous theater.

Dyer and Freeman will star in The Dumb Waiter, the 1957 play about two hitmen, while Tamsin Greig will star in A Kind of Alaska, inspired by Oliver Sacks’s supernatural book Awakenings.

Other actors appearing incuding Jane Horrocks, Celia Imrie, Emma Naomi, Tracy Ann Oberman, David Suchet and Abraham Popoola. Directors including Patrick Marber, Lyndsey Turner, Ed Stambollouian and Lia Williams.

London-born playwright Pinter was best known for his theater work but he also wrote 27 screenplays including adaptations of his own work such as William Friedkin-directed The Birthday Party and Kenneth Branagh-directed Sleuth.

Dyer was particularly close to Pinter, who said he was a “good influence” on him during a number of plays early in the Eastenders actors early career.

“He was the only person who I feared but loved. He had faith in me, he suffered all my shit because he knew I was a talented actor. He was a fucking tyrant, too, you know, but he could get away with it because he was so enchanting. He was a poet,” he told the Guardian.

Artistic Director Jamie Lloyd said, “On the tenth anniversary of Harold Pinter’s death, it feels very important to acknowledge his impact on our cultural and political lives. I am particularly excited to be introducing a huge body of Harold’s work – by turns dangerous, weird, riotously funny, beautifully lyrical and explosively political – to our young, diverse audience.”