COUNTDOWN star Susie Dent has revealed a fan once sent her a letter written in their own blood.

The telly brain box, 53, claims the bizarre message - containing a rather strange request which she didn't reveal - left her feeling disturbed.

She said: "It made me dizzy thinking about it. It was a slightly strange one."

But Susie says she hasn't been sent any used underwear like the Channel 4 quiz’s host Nick Hewer, who recently revealed he received a pair of racy, red knickers in the post.

She said: “I’ve certainly not had any knickers – male or otherwise – that I know of. The team are wonderful, I think they probably check things before they pass them on.”

Susie recently revealed that most of the saucy chat between herself, Nick and Rachel Riley ends up on the cutting room floor.

She said: "It’s less swear words and more innuendo.

"Usually Nick and I are blissfully unaware and Rachel tells us, ‘You can’t say that’.

"One day there had been a series of incredibly easy number games so Rachel didn’t have to do anything and Nick looked over to her and said, ‘Poor Rachel, she’s gagging for a hard one’.

"There was another occasion when I was doing the etymology of items of clothing.

"I got to underwear and was talking about suspenders and teddies — I looked at Nick and said, ‘I don’t know if you’ve ever come across a teddy, Nick?’ at which point Rachel doubled over and Martin Lewis, who was in dictionary corner, was banging his head on the desk. Things like that happen often."

Despite being on Countdown for 25 years, she insists she isn't bored.

Susie said: "Never. I still feel the adrenaline when the clock runs.

"I still feel nerves, especially if we’ve had a break from the show. That never fades away."