As NBC’s Constantine heads towards its season finale, the fate of the show hangs in the balance with recent reports suggesting that it could be moved over to Syfy for a second season and retitled Hellblazer. Starring Matt Ryan in the lead role as magician/con artist John Constantine, the series has suffered from wobbly ratings and mixed reviews thus far, but many Hellblazer fans are still eagerly watching just yo see their favorite characters and story arcs brought to the screen.

Already the first season has teased a possible appearance from Dr. Fate, introduced iconic characters like Papa Midnite and Jim Corrigan (AKA The Spectre) and dipped into the pages of Hellblazer for grim tales like “A Feast of Friends”. The 2005 movie Constantine starring Keanu Reeves loosely adapted “Dangerous Habits”, probably one of the best-known Hellblazer arcs, in which John discovers that he has terminal lung cancer.

As for which stories from the pages of Hellblazer could be recreated on Constantine next, Ryan told ComicBook.com in an interview that he would love to do “Dangerous Habits”, but that he also expects that story to come up “further down the line” than season 2. Another favorite that he mentioned is “The Family Man”, a story arc in which John is drawn into a confrontation with a serial killer who specializes in murdering entire families.

“I also love, and what could be a possibility for Season Two I think, is the Family Man arc. What I like about that is, it’s not John dealing with demons and devils, it’s him dealing with human beings and I think that’s a very interesting place for John. I think there’s actually a line in the comic where he says, ‘Demons, devils I’m fine with, but the real life, the real problems that human beings have.’”

With comic book stories taking over the face of both films and television, there has recently been further talk of a Justice League Dark movie after Guillermo del Toro confirmed that he had completed the script for it and sent it to Warner Bros. As with Arrow and The Flash stars Stephen Amell and Grant Gustin, this has led to discussions of whether Ryan could join the DC cinematic universe, but the actor says that he doesn’t concern himself with such speculation.

“I don’t really pay that much attention to it. I try to just be in the moment to take what’s right in front of me. Obviously there’s talk of a movie and stuff, and those are all interesting things, but I try not to think too far ahead, really. Especially in this business, you can’t endgame too much. You have to focus on the work and try to enjoy yourself.”

As for what’s to come in this week’s season finale, “Waiting for the Man”, in which both Jim Corrigan and Papa Midnite will return, Ryan says that the audience will “see a step toward Jim kind of being The Spectre in terms of his attitude, his outlook and his words.” Just foreshadowing, or could Jim be facing a sticky end and a superpowered rebirth?

The Constantine season 1 finale airs Friday, February 13th @8pm on NBC.