IT’S the supercool re-imagining of a classic Australian film and novel.

Now Kylie Minogue has got in on Foxtel’s Picnic At Hanging Rock act, with her hit Confide In Me remixed as a haunting anthem for the show’s new trailer.

The six-part psychological thriller, which will premiere on the subscription service from May 6, stars Game Of Thrones favourite Natalie Dormer and a new breed of young female actors, including the rebooted Romper Stomper’s Lily Sullivan and breakthrough indigenous starlet, Madeleine Madden.

The experimental drama, a Foxtel Original and Fremantle Media co-production, follows the mythical disappearance of three schoolgirls and their governess in the stunning landscape around the Macedon Ranges.

The trailer is narrated by Dormer, who plays ’widowed’ school mistress, Hester Appleyard, who arrives from London, to a town near Hanging Rock, and immediately sets local tongues wagging when she buys an abandoned mansion and turns into a ladies college.

But it appears her past is never far enough behind her and the wilds of her new home will confront her too, telling viewers: “I crossed the world for a new beginning, a chance to turn my life around; but this terrible place is older than time. It has its own dreams and will not be tamed. I thought I was safe, I thought I was free, until the picnic.”

International interest in the series continues to build after it made its debut at the Berlin Film Festival last month; with the show to screen before star-studded crowds during New York’s famed, Tribeca Film Festival (April 18-29).