As he goes out on the promotional tour for Jurassic World over the next few weeks, Chris Pratt will surely be inundated by questions about what we can expect from the highly-anticipated Guardians of the Galaxy 2. Because of Marvel Studios rather strict secrecy policy, the truth of the matter is that the star really can't say much about the project - but what he has noted is that writer/director James Gunn's idea for the sequel actually brought tears to his eyes.

Recently sitting down to talk with the folks over at Digital Spy, Chris Pratt was forced to try and do his best to provide some solid non-answers about Guardians of the Galaxy 2 - but in doing so he mentioned an emotional tidbit that gets us only more excited for the movie. Discussing his unwillingness to ruin the surprises that the comic book movie has in store, the man better known as Star-Lord explained,

I will say that (James Gunn's) pitch and his idea legitimately put tears in my eyes. It is so good, it’s so good. And I cannot wait to get started on it and I cannot wait for people to see what he’s going to pull off with the second movie. It’s so, so big and so good.

That's certainly encouraging, no? The first Guardians of the Galaxy definitely had some tear-inducing moments of its own, from Groot protecting his new family, to Peter Quill finally reaching out for the hand of his dead mother, and it sounds like Guardians of the Galaxy 2 will pack a similar emotional punch. If James Gunn can accurately translate his description of the movie into the film it should be, we should be in for a nice treat.

This news definitely comes at an interesting point in development for Guardians of the Galaxy 2, as the film is officially no longer in the "treatment" phase. Last night, James Gunn took his social media accounts to announce that he has completed the first draft of the sequel's screenplay (though he's not yet telling anybody what it's going to be titled):

Throughout the screenwriting process, James Gunn and Chris Pratt have definitely been keeping in touch about the development of the project, and Pratt has evidently already listened to a few of the tracks that are going to be featured on the so-called "Awesome Mix Vol. 2." Of course, he's not ready just yet to give any details away, telling Digital Spy,

I’m not allowed to tell anybody anything, nor would I want to, because it would be a little bit like telling a kid what’s under the tree before Christmas morning. I would encourage people not to poke holes in the paper and peek. Allow yourself the Christmas morning. Don’t ruin it.

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 is expected to start up production in the first half of next year, and will be heading to a theater near you on May 5, 2017.