AFTER one of the rockiest romances in showbiz, Caroline Flack is ending the year by drawing a line under something that was becoming destructive.

The Love Island presenter and former Strictly Come Dancing champion will go into 2019 a single woman, revealing she is no longer in a relationship with her on/off fiancé, Apprentice star Andrew Brady.

The pair formally split at the beginning of the month after a tumultuous nine months, just as Caroline made her acclaimed West End debut as Roxie Hart in Chicago.

Speaking at London’s Phoenix Theatre minutes after coming off stage last week, she says of the break-up: “I’m on my own now. So I’m sorting myself out, I’m doing what I want to do. I’m putting my head into this, into work and focusing on acting.”

Caroline confirmed she is no longer living with Andrew, but admits feelings between the pair remain.

She explains: “Yeah, you know I like him. But I think we’re both doing what we need to do at the minute.

“We’re both looking after our own heads and doing our own thing. That’s really important.”

Will she go back to Andrew? “I’m not going to,” she insists, which will be music to the ears of her close and concerned friends.

But she won’t condemn Andrew for a series of nasty rows, including one where he called for an ambulance to be sent to Caroline’s house.

She says: “There’s two people involved. I don’t want to have to bring him up into things when he hasn’t got a right to reply. I just really want to get back to me and get back to feeling good again.”

That’s been possible thanks to Caroline’s return to Strictly for this year’s Christmas Day special. She admits she initially felt like she was “cheating” on Pasha Kovalev who she won with in 2014, but was unavailable this time because he was partnered with Ashley Roberts.

Instead, she worked with Gorka Marquez, who is in a relationship with Gemma Atkinson.

But don’t look for yet another example of the Strictly curse here.

Caroline says: “There was no weirdness with Gemma at all. I met her once when she was dancing with Aljaz (Skorjanec).

But Gorka and Gemma are totally loved up — you can tell, can’t you?

“Gorka’s very Spanish and a bit more fiery compared to Pasha, who is very strict.”

Caroline was also taken with new Strictly head judge Shirley Ballas who wasn’t on the panel in her year, as Len Goodman still had the role.

“Oh I love Shirley,” she swoons. “I met her and there’s just something really sexy about her — so sexy.”

Caroline was certainly bold taking on the part played by Catherine Zeta Jones in Oscar-winning movie Chicago.

After just eight days of preparation, she managed to steal the show and — believe it or not — she can sing and act.

Really well, too.

Thankfully, she didn’t follow her agent’s advice when told to turn down the coveted part because of the lack of time to prepare.

She recalls: “I was like, ‘Hmm yeah, that just seems a bit silly doesn’t it? I won’t be able to get it done in that time.’

“But it’s my dream role, so I decided, ‘You know what, I’m going to do it!’”

And now that she is footloose and fancy free again, the world really is Caroline’s oyster.

“I’d like to do more of this,” she smiles, looking around star dressing room one.

“I wonder if they need a Roxie on Broadway . . . ”