Brie Larson got emotional the first time she wore the Captain Marvel suit. The Marvel Cinematic Universe has thrived for a decade, but next year will be the first time it puts the spotlight solely on a female hero. Larson joins the MCU as Carol Danvers, aka Captain Marvel, and will debut in her solo movie before joining the fight against Thanos in Avengers 4. Even though this is the biggest franchise in the world, the Oscar-winning star admitted she hesitated to join initially.

Now that she's officially onboard, Larson is embodying Carol Danvers the best she can. She trained relentlessly for months, did her comic book research, and has been the example for young girls she wishes she had when she was growing up. She's come to understand how important the role is, and that can make the process a bit emotional.

Larson spoke to Entertainment Tonight during their visit to the set, and was asked about her stellar super suit. She started by reminding everyone how secretive Marvel is, to the point where she couldn't share the experience with anyone. But, now that images and the first trailer have arrived, she can open up about wearing the suit for the first time and recall the emotional response it triggered.

I was trying different pieces on. Then when I finally put it all on together, I was just staring at myself in the mirror and I did get emotional...The first time I put it on I was like, 'I'm like a Disneyland character! This is crazy!'

While becoming a source of inspiration for women may have been part of the reason why Larson took this role, it's great to know that even she is feeling how big of a deal it is. Captain Marvel is far from the first live-action female hero on the big screen, but she's hopefully going to continue to show that superhero movies starring women can be wildly successful at the box office, just as Wonder Woman proved last year.

The Disneyland comparison is a bit ironic, as it may not be too long before Captain Marvel is walking around Disney's theme park. There will be a bigger Marvel presence in the years to come, and if Captain Marvel is the hit everyone wants it to be, her popularity will likely lead to her being one of the characters attendees can interact with while visiting. Larson is far from the only one to have this level of excitement for the film. The trailer was watched over 100 million times in the first 24 hours, and has garnered a great response from fans around the world. With the marketing campaign just beginning, more looks at Captain Marvel will come, as will additional quotes and stories from Larson.

Release Dates:

• Captain Marvel (2019) release date: Mar 08, 2019
  • The Avengers 4 / Untitled Avengers Movie (2019) release date: May 03, 2019
  • Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019) release date: Jul 05, 2019