Whereas The Avengers was largely just about bringing the various important characters of the Marvel universe together to fight a familiar enemy, Marvel second team-up movie The Avengers: Age of Ultron is going to be all about introducing new characters to that universe. The main antagonist is Tony Stark creation Ultron and there are three new superheroes being thrown into the mix: Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, and Vision.

While the superpowered twins on “Team Ultron” were first revealed in Captain America: The Winter Soldier and have since been shown several times in the trailers for Avengers: Age of Ultron, Vision has only been seen in promotional artwork so far. The android is played by Paul Bettany, the voice of Tony Stark’s virtual butler J.A.R.V.I.S., but we’re still waiting to see exactly what Bettany looks like in costume. It’s possible that Vision doesn’t show up until quite late in the movie, and revealing his scenes would be too much of a spoiler.

Speaking in an interview with the Radio Times during promotion for Mortdecai, Bettany didn’t give away much about Vision other than saying “I’m red and android in the film.” He did, however, talk in more general terms about the scale of Avengers: Age of Ultron. To sum up his thoughts: it’s very, very big.

“I’ve never been on a bigger set on my entire life than in The Avengers [Age of Ultron]. One [part] seemed to be the corner of a town, with helicopter cameras, and drone cameras flying about. I just haven’t seen anything that big, so it was like being a kid on a film set again.

“This is the biggest thing Marvel have ever done. It was enormous. I remember, we were at Comic-Con, and they showed a portion of the footage, and I was just gobsmacked. And I looked down the row and every one of the Avengers was the same. Including Samuel Jackson – and his whole modus operandi is ‘I’ve seen everything before, I’m the most chilled out, relaxed man and I’ve seen everything…’ and he was as knocked out as anyone. It’s huge.”

Avengers: Age of Ultron was made with an estimated budget of $250 million, making it the most expensive Marvel movie to date, so it makes sense that it would also have the largest scale of any Marvel movie so far, especially considering the number of far-flung international locations that were used for filming.

Another interesting fact revealed in Bettany’s statement is that drone cameras were used for at least some of the filming. Obviously drone cameras have their limitations; and if any footage filmed by them does make it into the movie, then it will most likely be used for news reels or security camera footage. It’s nonetheless another sign of the growing popularity of drone cameras in Hollywood. After all, a drone is relatively inexpensive compared to hiring a helicopter.

The only way that Avengers: Age of Ultron‘s massive scale and budget could backfire is if the movie turns out to be a complete box office bomb when it hits theaters this summer. But considering the fact that The Avengers remains the third highest grossing movie of all time, we’re going to go out on a limb and say that’s probably not going to happen.

The Avengers: Age of Ultron is in theaters on May 1st, 2015.