Legendary newsreader offers support to controversial politician

Ron Burgundy, the legendary newsreader from the Anchorman movies, has offered his support for controversial Toronto mayor Rob Ford by singing him a campaign song - scroll down to the bottom of the page and click to watch.

US actor Will Ferrell appeared in character on Conan O' Brien's US talk show to express his support for Ford, who is currently under public pressure following allegations that he smoked crack cocaine and drove a car while drunk. Burgundy, who sang a unique rendition of Loverboy's song 'Working For The Weekend' in Ford's honour, said the politician only courted controversy because "he's so damn honest".

He said: "My dear, dear, dear friend, Mayor Rob Ford of Toronto, is running for re-election. I hold him in the highest regard. He is the the best. Outstanding individual. And his little brother Donny, or Dougie, or whatever. But he's asked me to sing the campaign theme song for his re-election."

Burgundy will next be seen in Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues, which opens in UK cinemas on December 20. Two new trailers for the comedy sequel, in which Will Ferrell stars alongside Steve Carell, Paul Rudd and Christina Applegate, have just been released