Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will return this March with a full head of steam as we discover more about Skye/Daisy/Quake (Chloe Bennet) and her newfound powers while meeting several new faces, including characters played by Drea de Matteo, Blair Underwood and Edward James Olmos.

Along with the return of Phil Coulson (Clark Gregg) and his team, we’ll be seeing Lady Sif of Asgard once again, and as it turns out, far more of one of season 2′s strongest new additions to the cast: Bobbi Morse a.k.a. Mockingbird, played by Adrianne Palicki.

The Wrap reports that Palicki has been officially bumped up to the status of series regular. Introduced as a HYDRA operative in episode 5 and revealed to be a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent and Lance Hunter’s (Nick Blood) ex-wife, Palicki’s Mockingbird has quickly become an integral part of Coulson’s team, all in the span of six episodes.

With Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. poised to develop all things Inhuman throughout the rest of season 2 and adding such “gifted” characters as de Matteo’s Karla Faye Gideon and Luke Mitchell’s Lincoln, this development – while not exactly shocking – does point toward a welcome expansion of Palicki’s place inside the extended Marvel multi-media universe.

Having proven herself both a force to be reckoned with and worthy of Coulson’s utmost trust, we’ve seen plenty of speculation on Bobbi Morse’s future potentially revolving around an Avenger. The MCU’s Hawkeye, Jeremy Renner, teased a return to the character for a secret shoot which is widely believed to be an appearance on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., based mostly on Clark Gregg’s tweeting of a certain image of the comics, but also on Hawkeye and Mockingbird’s history in the comic books as ex-lovers.

We’ll know much more about the shape of the MCU’s Phase Three once Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. has completed its second season, but with more than one core member of the big screen Avengers nearing the end of their expected runs, a slew of new characters set to join the fun - Ant-Man, Doctor Strange, Black Panther (oh, and Spider-Man) – setting up Palicki’s Mockingbird as a future Avengers is likely to be a fan-approved development, should it pan out.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. returns March 3rd, 2015 @8pm on ABC.